Autumnal Cruise on Long Island Sound & Connecticut River: October 5-8, 2018
Warm days, cool nights, and favorable winds make for some of the best sailing of the season. Cruise highlights include the Connecticut River Museum, Essex Village, abundant wildlife, Goodspeed Opera House and a Broadway show.
Sail a Tall Ship, Explore a New England Village and See a Show
- Evening 1: Board the Mystic Whaler after 8:00pm at City Pier, New London, CT
- Day 1 Set sail for the Connecticut River
- Day 2 Cruise upriver:
- Along the way we're likely to see bald eagles, Gillette Castle (one time home to Sherlock Holmes actor William Gillette) and a steam locomotive winding its way along the riverside
- Dock at Goodspeed Opera House, birthplace of the original productions of Man of La Mancha, Shenandoah, and Annie
- We'll be attending Goodspeed's evening performance of the laugh-out-loud comedy The Drowsy Chaperone
- Day 3 Set sail for New London: Dock around 3:30pm
The Mystic Whaler Experience
The Mystic Whaler offers sailing vacations with a variety of cabin types. Though the ship was inspired by 19th century coastal schooners, the Mystic Whaler was built for the passenger trade and includes private cabins, hot showers and a cozy main salon.
The captains and crew take care of all of the details freeing you to lounge in the sun, read a book, help raise sail, steer the ship, climb loft or make new friends with your shipmates and crew - it's up to you. Cruises are all-inclusive including home-cooked meals and beverages (coffee, tea, hot chocolate, water and lemonade). Please feel free to bring your own adult beverages or soda as these are not provided.
Cabin ClassesRates listed are for the entire cabin.
|2018 Cabin Rates||3 Day|
|Clipper Cabin(cabin rate max. 2 ppl.)||$1,401.00|
|Brigantine Cabin(cabin rate with 2 ppl.)||$1,288.00|
|Brigantine Cabin(cabin rate max. 3 ppl.)||$1,609.00|
|Schooner Cabin(cabin rate max. 2 ppl.)||$1,185.00|
|Sloop Cabin(cabin rate max. 1 person)||$834.00|
CLIPPER CABINS provide one full size bed to accommodate two people, with a private bathroom and shower en suite, a sink and skylight. Towels and linens are provided.
BRIGANTINE CABINS provide a double upper and single lower bunk. These cabins have both a skylight and portlight and a sink in the room. Bathroom and shower are located in the hallway. Towels and linens are provided.
SCHOONER CABINS provide upper and lower single bunks, and either a skylight or a portlight and a sink in the room. Bathroom and shower are located in the hallway. Towels and linens are provided.
SLOOP CABINS offer the smallest and most affordable private accommodations. Each has a single bunk, either a skylight or a portlight and a sink in the room. Bathroom and shower are located in the hallway. Towels and linens are provided.